Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Dublin!

Hello again, all!

Sophie and I have officially left the beautiful country of Wales, and after an early morning of travel have made our way to Dublin, Ireland! We'll be here a handful of days before heading back and up through England to Scotland. It's going to be a hectic bit of travelling before we fly out to Oslo on the 11th, but from there we'll be staying with friends and family of Sophie so things will be a bit less chaotic.
But for those who have been waiting, I finally managed to get a handful of pictures online!
That is our fantastic host on the left, Anwen in her Welsh village of Dinas Mawddwy!


She took us on a soggy yet satisfying hike around a local mountain. Maybe it was a hill. We never quite figured it out. Either way it was great fun, even if our shoes still haven't dried... Plus, we hiked past a lake with sheep hanging out on the beach. Priceless!



At the end of our stay in Wales, Anwen moved to her new apartment in the coastal town of Aberystwyth where we spent our final night before taking the ferry to Ireland. At the top of this ridiculously windy hill was a frisbee golf course- perhaps not the best location?


We also had time to visit my friend Ffion- here she is serenading us in her tea room. How posh!

Sophie and I had loads of fun in Wales and have to extend a big ol' 'thank you' to Anwen and Ffion, their families, and their friends for showing us a fantastic time! Diolch!

3 comments:

  1. I'm jealous. Wales/Scotland/Ireland = WAY BETTER than Beljikistan! I can't wait till you guys come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adventure! And to think you've got several more months ahead! Incredible. I look forward to reading more of your journalings and seeing more of your pictures. Let me also say that I'm glad I got to see you before you left.

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. neat picture of the view from her new place (?) I think that's what it is.... :)!

    ReplyDelete