Sunday, October 18, 2009

Berlin, Utrecht, Vienna

I ended up staying in Berlin one more night because I just couldn´t pull myself away. I saw a lot of cool things and met a local who showed me around to some stuff I never would have found on my own. For example, I would not have found the amusement park in the middle of the woods, overgrown with vegetation that was left to its own devices after the wall came down. Crazy stuff to be sure, and not very old in the history books.

From there I travelled to Utrecht, in the Netherlands. My original plan was to go south and east, so it´s funny that after a week of being on my own I actually managed to backtrack and head west... But I found someone to couchsurf with and I wanted to see a concert, so west it was. There were some complications with my train, I arrived late, never met my couchsurfing host, and other silly issues that arose. But I still saw the show and managed to have a great time, even if the city isn´t very visitor friendly (no hostels, no internet cafes, no road names on posted street maps). Today I left bright and early for Vienna, where I am currently enjoying the luxuries of a shower and a warm bed after my (mis)adventure in Utrecht.

I would love to go on about what I´ve been doing but internet time is short and I have other things to accomplish before I run out of time. But I am safe and warm and happy as a clam!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are alive and well!
    I should have givenyou my cousins contact info...maybe if mom or debbie sees this they can do that? I hope you werent homeless last night, and im sorry that my messageis a public blog comment but facebook isnt working rightnow. i am still in stockholm and still alive and well, and i updated the blog and i got to go swing dancing! We will talk soon?!?!?!
    MISS YOU TRAVEL BUDDY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are safe and sound also. When are you and Sophie getting together again and heading to Anna's?
    Go to my FB when you get a chance.
    Hope to hear from you soon, be safe and enjoy the soft bed.
    Love and miss you

    ReplyDelete