Tuesday, August 25, 2009

T-Minus 1 Day

Hello friends, family, loved ones, and random creepers,

For those who don't know exactly what's going on, let me get you up to speed:
Sophie Gardner (check out her blog at: sophiaineuropa.blogspot.com) and I are headed to Europe for a backpacking adventure from August 26th until December 9th. In order to keep everyone in the loop about where we are/what we're doing we've created our blogs to show pictures/share stories and most importantly, to assure our parents that we haven't been kidnapped or worse in some random European country.

We'll try and update when we can, though we won't know exactly when we'll have access to internet or the time to write, so please check back regularly. (also comments would be nice since we will be many miles away and a little 'hello' or comment would make us feel nice)

As of right now I'm getting the final preparations ready for the trip: buying useful things Sophie will appreciate me having like deodorant, toothpaste, and pants. The next time I update I'll probably be somewhere in the UK (we fly in and out of Heathrow) but before that I want to thank everyone for helping me along the way:

Thanks Mom and Brian for letting me store my junk in your basement and for helping me move. Thanks Dad for driving me around and for working around my silly schedule to spend time together this summer. Thanks Sis for taking me from Barnum and for always having a place when I'm in Minneapolis. Thanks Terri for solving my last minute car problem and letting me keep it at your place! Thanks to everyone I worked with/for this summer- with all the hours I put in I may well have gone crazy if I didn't like you all! And thanks to the rest of my family and friends for being supportive and available when I needed you. You're all great and I'm appreciative of every one of you!

Until next time (whenever that is),
Steve

7 comments:

  1. Happy travels! Hope you don't stay at too many creepy hostels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve !!!
    Have a save trip tomorrow. And please tell me when you'll be in France !! Do you already know it ? If you need a place in Rennes, I'll be really happy to see you at home.
    See you soon !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally awesome! I hope you and Sophie have many adventures. I'll be with you in spirit. Can't wait to hear about your fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, blast. I was hoping to see you before I leave on my own adventure. I guess I'll have to see you next summer! Have a great time in Europe! I'll definitely be reading about your time there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boo! Quitter! Booooo! How dare you quit Americuh!

    No, seriously, have a good times! I sent you some texts last night because I didn't get to call you like I promised I would - though I doubt you lost sleep over it. Looks like I won't get a reply then, huh? Anyway... have fun and come back in one piece. And find me some rocks! Because I'm greeedy!

    Also, just a reminder, if the urge/opportunity arises, you should Skype call Wes (username: Sloobie) and chat, especially if you're going to be in England for any time.

    So, uh, smashing in January? You wanna?

    Bye!

    And I totally forgot I had a blogspot account - I'm Dan, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be following you and living vicariously. Some of us aren't lucky enough to be traveling all over Europe...though I guess Chicago is kind of cool too. I can't wait to hear about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Steve. Any idea when you will be visiting us? Kaylee's birthday part is Sept 26th or you can come hang out in November for Turkey Day, or I think we have a bazaar at some point in November. How long do you think you guys will stay with us? We are open. Keep in mind that it is hard to see stuff when its really cold here. Miss you and can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete